Construcion of a flame-top Tele-type guitar
1. Project Description
In this section we will look at the details of building a Telecaster-type guitar with custom features chosen by the customer. The basic characteristics of the guitar are:
- Bird's eye maple neck and fingerboard
- Alder body with flame-top flat maple cap
- Telecaster Bridge with 3 compensated saddles.
- Pickups: Suhr Telecaster
- Electronics: 3-way switch, volume control and tone control.
- Telecaster neck with Sperzel locking tuners.
Bird's-eye maple for the neck and fingerboard and flamed maple for the body cap
3. Routing of the truss rod slot
4. Gluing the neck
5. Shaping the neck
6. Position markers
7. Curvature of the fretboard (CNC)
8. Body Construction
9. Paint process