The current catalog of Suhr Guitars offers a choice of six different series of amplifiers and within each series you can choose from several amp models. The series are: PT-100, Corso, Hedgehog, Badger, Hand Wired, Custom Audio and Jim Kelly
Announcing the all new, completely redesigned Suhr PT-100 Signature Edition amplifier. World renown guitarist Peter Thorn, is not only known for his touring and session work with legendary artists such as Chris Cornell and Melissa Etheridge, but he is also considered by the guitarist community to be one of the foremost authorities on tone. After five years of extensive road testing and countless hours spent modifying his original PT-100 amplifier, we have created the ultimate, no compromise, multi-channel amp - now MIDI switchable.
Unmistakable in appearance and dressed to thrill, the PT-100 Signature Edition is draped in a modern black carbon fiber tolex, appointed with silver knobs and a sophisticated anodized face plate.
The Suhr PT-100 Signature Edition set features a 100 watt, three-channel tube amplifier head loaded with a custom “Plexi-style” output transformer, four EL-34 power tubes and six 12AX7 preamp tubes, a solid-state series/parallel effects loop, 4-button MIDI programmable footswitch and matching Birch 2 x 12 closed-back cabinet fitted with a pair of Celestion Creamback 75 H speakers.
Video demo: video
The Suhr Corso Recording Amplifier is the ideal studio companion. Corso is an all-tube no compromise variable wattage amplifier (up to 5 watts) that provides players with all the tone and character of a high powered amplifier in a compact, portable form factor - perfect for any recording studio application or bedroom practice session.
Corso is packed with a number of features which give players incredible flexibility for carving out their ideal sound. With the on-board attenuator, Corso can be easily transformed from the most complex and detailed clean tones, to a wall of harmonically rich overdriven lead tones at any volume.
Equipped with unique a Line Out (post power section), the Corso is ready for the studio. The Corso’s Line Out offers the sound of the entire amplifier, not just the pre-amp section, so you can fully experience all of the Corso’s tone when you plug directly into your digital recording I/O interface for your next session. Should inspiration strike in the middle of the night, just turn the attenuator control fully counterclockwise and play without disturbing the neighbors, or your family.
Handcrafted into a beautiful 7-Ply Multi-Wood Headshell. Precision Laser Cut integrated 1-piece front panel and logo. A work of art that can be displayed in any room of your home or studio. The Corso was designed with a unique low-gain input stage to accommodate a variety of your favorite boost, overdrive and time based pedals.
Steeped in the classic, hot-rodded American tone tradition, the Suhr Hedgehog is designed to offer players the utmost in tonal versatility. The Hedgehog is a modern all-tube, 50 watt single-channel amplifier that features a cascaded overdrive section, four voicings, and a series/parallel effects loop - all of which are easily programmable.
The Hedgehog’s unique ability to select and program overdrive, voicing and effects loop options offers players a myriad of clean and overdriven tones from a single-channel amplifier. With a simple press of a button on the Hedgehog’s front panel you can instantly store 6 presets - 4 of which are accessible via the included 4 button footswitch.
Video demo: video
Badger is an innovative mid-wattage amp designed to deliver classic tones at any volume. With power section the badger a wide range of british tones ranging from west london to dartford. From warm complex cleans, to classic British high gain, and everything in between - Badger delivers. Need that same high gain tone at lower volumes? No problem, Badger offers power scaling to easily dial in real power tube crunch all the way down to 1 watt.
POWER: Power Scaling emulates the tonal response of a high wattage amp on 10, at manageable volumes. Power controls the voltage that feeds the output section and in turn, the wattage. As you lower the voltage of the power section you are reducing the amount of signal it can handle before clipping the output section. To compensate for this we use the "Drive" control so you can easily scale down to 4 watts without losing tone & feel.
DRIVE: Feeds the input to the power section. With Power at 10 it acts as a master volume. As a rule of thumb, when you turn down the Power always set the Drive control within 2 numbers of the Power setting. If you set the drive lower than the power it will sound brighter, like a "master volume" amp.
GAIN: Controls the amount of preamp gain by controlling 2 cascading gain stages simultaneously to drive the input stage.
TONE CONTROLS: Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls for each channel are post-gain and passive cut-style. We recommend starting around 5 and dialing to taste. As you increase Gain and/or Drive we recommend dialing back the Bass to retain clarity and definition in the low-end.
TUBE-BUFFERED EFFECTS LOOP: Designed to perform equally well with pedals and line-level rack gear. For best results ensure that the effects unit is set to unity gain.
The Hand Wired amplifier series consists of five models: SL-67, SL-68, SH-100, ML-100 and SE-100. All models deliver a power of 100 W from a stage with four EL34 power valves except the SL-67 has 50W of power.
All amplifiers have a wide range of sounds, from clean to high gain. The basic characteristics of each of the models are:
SL-67 & SL-68
- SL-67 is 50-watt, all-tube, hand wired amplifier features two EL-34s
- SL-68 is 100-watt, all-tube, hand wired amplifier features four EL-34s
- Master Volume control (located on the back panel).
- Four inputs, two channels, a Low Power switch, a Master Volume control, and delivers a wide range of classic and modern tones.
- From warm and sparkling cleans, to high-gain *Variac™ style overdrive tones, the SL68 is the foundation of great rock tones!
- SH-100 was designed in collaboration with Jazz Fusion/Blues guitarist Scott Henderson.
- 100-watt, all-tube, hand wired amplifier features four EL-34s, a ’67 spec “Plexi” output transformer and a tube-buffered effects loop, to produce a broad range of warm, punchy cleans and thick modified high gain overdrive tones.
- video demo: video-1, video-2
- ML-100™ is the culmination between John Suhr and world renown session guitarist Michael Landau.
- 100-watt, all-tube, hand wired amplifier features four EL-34s, a ’67 spec “Plexi” output transformer
- Tube-buffered effects loop, to deliver a variety of classic tones from sparkling cleans to hot-rodded style overdrive.
- The SE-100 Hand Wired incorporates our sought after SE overdrive mod, paired with a finely tuned ‘68 plexi output power section, which delivers a variety of classic and modern high gain overdrive tones
- 100 watts of power, that you can feel at your fingertips.
- four gain stages, and a bypassable low impedance tube effects loop optimized to interface with line level rack gear.
- For high gain addicts, this amp delivers: muscular British crunch, chest pounding high-gain, and well defined, bone crushing drop tuning tones - all with a simple turn of the gain knob!
Custom Series amplifiers Audio consists of two models: OD-100 SE Plus, OD-100 Classic Plus. All models have two channels and delivered a power of 100 W from a stage with four EL34 power valves and six 12AX7 preamp tubes.
All models are also available in 50W.
The sound channel has the following features:
- Chanel 1: based on a Class A/B Blackface™ style circuit. This channel is voiced to produce warm and punchy tones. Lower Gain 1 settings produce sparkling cleans. Higher Gain 1 settings deliver crunchy rhythm sounds, from Texas Blues to Glam Rock.
- Chanel 2: This is the Metal channel. This channel is voiced specifically to deliver a diverse range of tones, from a Blues crunch to hi-gain Rock, to over the top Heavy Metal with exceptional definition. Channel 2 responds dynamically to your instrument's volume control by offering a variety of shading from heavily saturated to gritty clean.
OD-100 SE Plus:
- Built to Rock, the OD-100 SE Plus (Special Edition) was designed at a time when Rock and Metal were emerging and players were seeking flexibility and alternatives to traditional amplifier designs. The SE+ delivers a variety of classic and modern tonalities to suit today’s aggressive and drop-tuning playing styles. Offering everything from punchy Blackface™ era cleans, to well defined high-gain and Metal style overdrive tones.
- The road-proven OD-100 SE+ is hand-built and features two footswitchable independent channels, a tube-buffered effects loop, a “Plexi-style” output transformer and powered by four EL-34 power tubes for 100 watts of pure tube tone.
- Video demo: video-1, video-2
OD-100 Classic Plus:
- The OD-100 Classic Plus (CL+) captures the era of arena rock and the days when 100-watt amplifiers lined stages across the world. The OD-100 CL+ was built on solid fundamentals, combining the best characteristics of both classic American and British amplifier designs. This versatile, all in one amplifier is simple yet powerful offering you everything from punchy Blackface™era cleans to rich English style overdrive. Whether you are recording, performing or playing at home, the OD-100 CL+ will take you back to a time when music spoke to you.
- The OD-100 CL+ is hand-built and features two footswitchable independent channels, a tube-buffered effects loop, a “Plexi-style output transformer and powered by four EL-34 power tubes for 100 watts of pure tube tone.
- Video demo: video
The Jim Kelley Amplifiers™ Single Channel Reverb Head is a 60 watt all-tube amplifier designed to retain your guitar's natural tonal characteristics. It delivers a broad range of punchy, high powered clean and smooth dynamic overdrive tones.
The Single Channel features a versatile pre-amp/power amp circuit, active shelving tone controls, four 6V6 output tubes and reverb.
Amplifiers currently available:
Caja Custom Audio 4x12